Good things have been happening since 1/1/2015:
- EXPENSES DOWN, almost $10,000 annualized reduction in existing operational expenses
- IMPROVED SERVICE, to township assistance recipients
- REDUCED OVERALL EXPENDITURES, estimated $40,000 savings in township assistance alone (2015)
- CEMETERY RESTORATION, long overdue for both township cemeteries
- WEB SITE ESTABLISHED, HarrisTownship.in
- INCREASED NON-TAX REVENUES, approaching $60,000 year-to-date
- PARK IMPROVED, playground mulch, bird habitats and seating at Harris Township Park
Plans are underway for additional improvements.
Doing the same for less is a good thing. Do you see that very often in government?
Harris Township’s operating expenses have been reduced by almost $10,000 per year on an annualized basis – for existing general services. We’ll put that money to good use elsewhere.
No magic, just hard work, a keen eye, and a sharp pencil. How? Stopping utilities that were rarely used, eliminating unneeded coverage, comparing prices, and taking full advantage of our tax-exempt status.
The dollars add up. Stay tuned for more good news.