Soccer Shots, a local organization, joined ECHO Soccer Club in making use of Harris Township’s play field located on Elm Road, between the library and fire station.
Check our Event Calendar if you’re interested in what is happening, and when. Any organized use of the field is by permission of the township; don’t hesitate to contact us. No promises for 2016, as we’re likely making changes to the park layout.
Trees and shrubs tend to grow – above ground and below. Vegetation erodes grave markers. Items placed on the ground interfere with lawn maintenance.
In conjunction with our cemetery restoration project, the township has begun removing plants. No new planting is allowed. A decoration or momento which fits on top of the grave marker is allowed. Items placed contrary to this policy will be removed. Any item which appears to be past a useful life is subject to removal at any time, and certainly during fall clean-up. Thanks for your understanding.
Questions? Want to discuss how you might establish an electronic memorial on our website? Please contact the Trustee.
Good things have been happening since 1/1/2015:
- EXPENSES DOWN, almost $10,000 annualized reduction in existing operational expenses
- IMPROVED SERVICE, to township assistance recipients
- REDUCED OVERALL EXPENDITURES, estimated $40,000 savings in township assistance alone (2015)
- CEMETERY RESTORATION, long overdue for both township cemeteries
- WEB SITE ESTABLISHED, HarrisTownship.in
- INCREASED NON-TAX REVENUES, approaching $60,000 year-to-date
- PARK IMPROVED, playground mulch, bird habitats and seating at Harris Township Park
Plans are underway for additional improvements.